MEET OUR LEADERS
Our expectation for every Bold Earth employee is to combine the highest standards of safety and excellence with a joyful dedication to work with teenagers.
Since 1976, Bold Earth has set the standard for leadership in the teen adventure travel industry. Working for Bold Earth is a privilege with immense responsibilities and rewards. Bold Earth carefully works throughout the year to select adult leaders who will carry on our solid, hard won reputation for excellence. Bold Earth leaders are highly motivated role models with extensive experience working with teenagers.
Bold Earth Trip Leader Requirements:
- At least 21 years old (average age of 26)
- Wilderness First Responder and adult CPR certification
- Lifeguard Training for Senior Leaders
- Extensive State and Federal Background checks which show a clean and clear record
- No more than four points on driving record in the past three years
- Three professional references
- Successful leadership experience with youth
- College graduate, or in the process of completing a four year degree
- High energy, good judgement and decision making skills
The Bold Earth promise is that every leader will maintain our extremely high standards 24/7 while enjoying a safe, adventurous, fun, nurturing and educational summer. Every leader is hand picked from hundreds of applicants because of their proven success working with youth. Every Bold Earth leader must show their leadership skills and abilities at a week long, comprehensive staff training in Colorado before summer trips begin. Outstanding trip leaders result in a Bold Earth summer of expanded confidence, new skills, heightened achievement, leadership development and new found interests.
Click on Bold Earth Trip Leader Bio's below to learn more about the Bold Earth Team.