Senior trip leader: Costa Rica Active 1 & 2
Chris calls Peterborough, NH, home. After college, he worked as a summer camp coordinator and a teacher for Nature’s Classroom; he also served two years in AmeriCorps assisting with disaster survivors. He’s climbed volcanoes in Nicaragua, explored temples in southeast Asia, and traversed glaciers in Iceland. During the year, Chris is a fifth grade teacher in Seattle. He is returning to Bold Earth for his fifth year as a trip leader.
- Education: Siena College; bachelor’s degree in religious studies
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, lifeguard
- What excites you the most about working for BE this summer? The chance to connect teenagers with the wilderness and each other, as well as help them realize the hidden strengths they didn’t know they had.
- Favorite travel memory? Seeing a pair of condors fly overhead when I was hiking in southern Ecuador.
- Favorite quote: “There is more in us than we know if we could be made to see it; perhaps, for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less.” – Kurt Hahn