Senior trip leader
A Wisconsin native, Conrad’s love for the outdoors began when he was a camp counselor and Boys & Girls Clubs of America mentor during college. After receiving his bachelor’s degree, he worked for an advertising firm, but soon set off to backpack through southeast Asia. He returned to the midwest, where he traveled to different elementary schools, teaching leadership to students. He currently calls Asheville, NC, home, and is returning to Bold Earth for his fourth year as a trip leader.
- Education: University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire; bachelor’s degree in communication
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What was the last big trip you took? I led an experiential education trip in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I was able to experience the Loi Krathong lantern festival, climb one of the country’s highest peaks, and of course enjoy all the amazing food!
- What excites you most about working for another BE summer? I love this community and can’t wait for another summer full of laughs and memories.
- What’s your favorite travel memory? Exploring the Angkor temples in Cambodia!