Senior trip leader
Dan is one of our most senior trip leaders, having facilitated more than 16 years of Bold Earth adventures in Colorado, Utah, Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and Australia. He is originally from southern California, but he currently resides on the north shore of Oahu. He received a bachelor’s degree in history and political science from California State University, Long Beach. In his free time, you can find Dan surfing or working on his third novel.
- What was the last big trip you took? Last fall I took an epic road trip with a 1976 Airstream all around the western U.S. It was amazing, but I think my favorite part was exploring the spectacular caves at Lava Tubes National Monument.
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What excites you the most about working for BE this summer? All of the amazing moments that happen spontaneously when a group like this gets together.
- Favorite travel memory? Being covered by leeches while crossing a river in India!
- Favorite quote: “A revolution without dancing is not a revolution worth having.” – Emma Goldman