Senior trip leader: Colorado Bold
Originally from northern California, Hannah resides in Ashland, OR. There, she leads rock climbing, snowshoeing, and backpacking trips for her nursing school’s outdoor program and trains staff as the student director. She spent a year traveling through India, Indonesia, France, Belgium, Australia, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Germany. While traveling, she earned her 200-hour yoga teacher training certification, taught English, and volunteered at a sea turtle conservation center. Since, she has also traveled in Belize, Costa Rica, and Panama. Hannah is returning to Bold Earth for her second year as a trip leader.
- Education: Oregon Health & Science University; degree in nursing
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What was the last big trip you took? Recently, I visited my family in Portland, stomping in puddles with my 2-year-old sister, and snuggling my 5-month-old brother. I ate great Portland food and spent time with some of the people that mean the most to me.
- What excites you the most about working for BE this summer? I love having the opportunity to travel and explore with an amazing groups of individuals! I look forward to sharing my passion for the outdoors and building a culture of acceptance and growth. It is so exciting to create a family out of a group of strangers in just a few weeks while sea kayaking, back packing, rock climbing, camping, playing fun games, being outside …and eating really good food!!!
- Favorite travel memory? At 18, I traveled alone to India. I arrived in the middle of the night and awoke to cuddly but hungry monkeys, struggling to enter my room via the window. With the bustling market streets below, the smells of the samosas wafting to me, and my naivety to rabies, I caught my first glimpse of the endless possibilities of adventure and independence.