Senior trip leader: California Bold
Michael is returning for his third year as a trip leader with Bold Earth. Originally from Marion, IA, Michael currently resides in Fort Collins, CO. He has traveled all over the world, visiting places such as Aruba, Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, China, and Myanmar. He’s been a backpacking guide at Cheley Colorado Camps and an English teacher in Thailand, and he’s thru-hiked the 2,653-mile-long Pacific Crest Trail. He is an emergency medical technician and is back in school to pursue an additional degree in computer science.
- Education: Colorado College; bachelor’s degree
- Certification: Emergency medical technician
- What was the last big trip you took? A three-week adventure in Moab! We meandered through Arches National Park, Dead Horse Point State Park, and Canyonlands National Park, climbing, hiking, camping, and enjoying every minute of it!
- What excites you the most about working for Bold Earth? The ability to experience world-class adventures while getting to know and encourage a group of amazing young men and women.
- Favorite travel memory: All of my Bold Earth trips! Outside of BE, it would be my time spent teaching in Thailand. I taught English for four months and lived with a family in the northernmost part of the country. It was challenging, eye-opening, and an incredibly humbling experience.