Trip leader: Ultimate Costa Rica
Born and raised in Michigan, Michelle’s lived in North Carolina for almost a decade. In addition to being an intervention specialist at an elementary school in Hendersonville, NC, she’s also the events coordinator for our sister company, Camp Pinnacle, during the spring and fall. She loves to travel and has already visited Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada, Thailand, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, France, and Italy. This is her first year as a trip leader with Bold Earth.
- Education: Central Michigan University, bachelor’s degree in elementary education; East Carolina University, master’s degree in mathematics education
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What was the last big trip you took? The last big trip I took was my trip to Ubud, Bali. I watched the sunrise every morning, practiced yoga and meditation, let my curiosity lead my explorations, participated in many ceremonies, had readings done by astrologers and shamen… I immersed myself in the magic that accompanies travel.
- What excites you the most about working for BE this summer? There is always excitement with trying something new and stepping outside my comfort zone! I am excited to join the BE community, meet new people, and learn through new experiences.
- Favorite travel memory? It’s so hard to pick a favorite. However, one of the most memorable travel experiences was exploring Paris with my grandmother.
- Favorite quote: “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot