Trip leader: California Bold 1, 2, & 3
Born and raised in Milwaukee, WI, Sarah spent several years as a trip coordinator with Cheerio Adventures, supervising staff, organizing trips, and leading backpacking, canoeing, caving, climbing, mountain biking, and kayaking adventures for kids. She was also an intern for North Idaho College outdoor pursuits, teaching skills clinics and leading outdoor trips. She’s spent the last few winters working for Idaho’s Silver Mountain Resort ski school, and she works with school groups teaching outdoor and environmental education. Sarah is joining Bold Earth for her first year as a trip leader.
- Education: University of Wisconsin La-Crosse; bachelor’s degree in recreation management
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What was the last big trip you took? I recently traveled to Vietnam where I spent some time soaking in the spectacle of Ha Long Bay, trekking through the rice fields of Sapa, and battling the traffic in Hanoi!
- What excites you the most about working for BE this summer? Enjoying delicious meals in rad places, and sharing special moments with incredible people.
- Favorite travel memory? Running through a sheep field in Ireland!
- Favorite quote: “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller