Trip leader: Grand Canyon and Fiji Dive Service
Born and raised in Perth, Australia, Zack joins Bold Earth for his first year as a trip leader. After attending undergrad, he traveled all over the world, including volunteering in Latin America with Greenhealers Guatemala and hiking through Europe and Asia. He’s worked as a summer camp counselor in Georgia, and the last two winters he’s been in Steamboat Springs, CO, teaching ski lessons at the resort’s snow school.
- Education: University of Western Australia; bachelor’s degree in philosophy and juris doctor specializing in environmental law
- Certification: Wilderness first responder; PADI dive master, ski instructor
- What was the last big trip you took? Last summer, I spend six months with my dad doing a national park road trip up the Rocky Mountains into Canada and down the west coast.
- What excites you the most about working for BE this summer? I am excited to share my love of outdoor adventures and travel with the next generation.
- Favorite travel memory? Riding a motorcycle through Patagonia for three months!
- Favorite quote: “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard