Trip leader: Ecuador Peru
As first-year Bold Earth trip leader Zoe says, she’s both from everywhere and nowhere! Half-French, half-American, Zoe grew up in Miami, New Caledonia, Key West, Madagascar, and France. While in college, she was a trip leader for Colby’s outdoor program. Since graduation, Zoe’s worked as an outdoor education in the Swiss Alps; an English professor in Chile; and a trip leader for a summer camp in England. Most recently, she was an experiential educator for a program in Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia, and a lead guide for schools in France, the Netherlands, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam. This fall, she’ll join a graduate program at the New School to earn her master’s degree in fiction writing.
- Education: Colby College; bachelor’s degree in global studies and Spanish
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What was the last big trip you took? India for a month-long yoga teacher training course!
- What excites you most about working for BE this summer? Bold Earth combines everything I love about different jobs I’ve had: the adventure side of experiential education trips and the length of a summer camp session to really get to know the kids, family-style.
- Favorite travel memory: Ending up face-to-face with a sea lion while scuba diving in Chile is definitely one of my highlights. I don’t know who was more startled…
- Favorite quote: “Adopt the pace of nature: Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson