Costa Rica Belize Adventure Trip Prep
Transportation to and from the adventure are the responsibility of the family. There are two options for booking flights:
- Beginning in mid-March, Bold Earth will provide personalized flight recommendations to all enrolled families. We do our best to group students together on flights when possible while balancing cost and speed of travel. All flight recommendations are optional.
- If you’d rather choose your student’s route to the final destination, please follow the guidelines below. Even if you choose not to use the personalized flight recommendation, we are still happy to put you in touch with other families whose children are on the same trip and flying in and out of the same area. If you would like to purchase your flight prior to March, we ask that you confirm the flight itinerary with our office before booking.
Arrival and departure windows
Flight information will be coming soon to this trip.
Our trip leaders will be awaiting each of our students’ arrivals in San Jose. As per airline regulations, we greet every student who flies as an unaccompanied minor at the gate. For all other, non-UM students, please follow your group off the plane down to baggage claim, where one or both of our trip leaders will be waiting. Students will call home as soon as they meet with our group and gather their baggage.
*Please do not book flights until your child has been officially accepted and enrolled on the Costa Rica Belize trip.
Download the Costa Rica Belize packing list here.
Preparing for physical activity
Bold Earth is designed as an active camp for teenagers. We recommend regular aerobic exercise for at least a month before departing on your trip. Walking, jogging, swimming, or riding a bike are all great ways to increase your fitness to get the most out of your Bold Earth experience.
Included in Tuition:
- All meals
- All lodging, group gear, and technical gear
- Flight from Costa Rica to Belize
- All guided activities
Not Included in Tuition:
- Personal gear and clothing
- Optional trip protection