Spain France Pyrenees Adventure
Spain France Pyrenees Adventure
16 days of adventure, culture, and language on the Mediterranean coast and the Pyrenees Mountains! Experience Barcelona, surf French beaches, hike hut-to-hut and go whitewater rafting in the Pyrenees.
- July 1 - July 16
- July 25 - August 9
- Explore Barcelona & Gaudí buildings
- 4-day trek in the Pyrenees Mountains
- Rafting and Via Ferrata
- Canyoning in the Sierra de Guara
- 2 days of surfing in Hossegor, France
- 3-day Conversational Language in Sitges
*The 2019 itinerary will be finalized in December 2018.
BARCELONA: SIGHTSEEING, OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
RAFT AND SURF FRANCE
TREKKING IN THE PYRENEES MOUNTAINS
SPANISH LANGUAGE CLASSES IN SITGES
WOW! The combination of adventure, language and beaches, mountains & cities is ¡PERFECTO!
An amazing 16 days of adventure and culture in Spain and France. From the markets and beaches of Barcelona, cobblestone streets of Sitges and the soaring Pyrenees mountains to France’s surf capital. This trip is a carefully crafted away experience filled with fun and an opportunity to take your Spanish skills to another level.
Experience cultural immersion, Spanish classes, authenticity, fun, adventure, and leadership and DELICIOUS food!
Live in Sitges, a small Mediterranean town where the weather is perfect, the culture is vibrant, the beaches are beautiful, and the Mediterranean Sea only steps away.
To receive a list of Spain France Pyrenees Adventure references call us at 303-526-0806 or email email@example.com. Please mention the trip you are interested in and where you live.
Since 1976 over 17,000 students from all 50 US states and 55 countries have joined Bold Earth! We encourage you to contact our alumni directly to find out about the quality of our leaders, depth of programming and what a summer with Bold Earth is really like.
We want careful and selective families to choose Bold Earth. Our offerings are only as good as the families who choose Bold Earth Adventure Camps. Our target student is responsible, informed and enthusiastic.
To receive a list of references, call us at 303-526-0806 email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the trip you are interested and where you live.
Since 1976 over 16,000 students from all 50 US states and 55 countries have joined Bold Earth! We encourage you to contact our alumni directly to find out about the quality of our leaders, depth of programming and what a summer with Bold Earth is really like.
We want careful and selective families to choose Bold Earth. Our offerings are only as good as the families who choose Bold Earth Adventures. Our target student is responsible, informed and enthusiastic.
OF COURSE! Spain France Pyrenees Adventure is not your typical blah, blah, blah, Spanish program. BORING! Students who join Spain France Pyrenees Adventure want to improve their Spanish language skill and have fun. While it is all fun and games, you will also learn a TON and improve your language skills tremendously. The Spanish language portion of Bold Earth’s Spain Adventure program consists of two components:
1. Spanish IMMERSION: Living with a family in Sitges, Spain allows participants to learn Spanish. Spanish study without a homestay allows students to speak too much English! Bold Earth makes the Spanish language a FUN priority. Examples include ordering for the group at a restaurant, a scavenger hunt, seeing a movie, playing soccer with local youth, the options are unlimited, fun and highly organized!
2. Language Classes: Three of your sixteen days will include language class for 4 hours in the morning. The goal of these four days is fun and highly personalized language instruction. Small class sizes provide each student with the greatest level of interaction and personalized attention from the Spanish instructor. The language school portion of your trip allows you to learn in a super encouraging and fun environment. Our Spanish immersion school located in the center of Sitges is taught by fun, youthful and energetic Spanish teachers.
Families (and Spanish teachers back home) are AMAZED by your progress on Spain France Pyrenees Adventure. Students improve their comfort level in speaking and writing in Spanish. Students have a ton of fun and improve tremendously. BUT, your effort, readiness and jumping in without worry is required.
Bold Earth is clear that summer is a time to have fun in a completely new environment with friends for life. Yes, classes are graded but only for your feedback. Yes, there are homework assignments and workbooks but they are strictly for your advancement in Spanish. Most campers complete their homework with their family – LANGUAGE IMMERSION!
Bold Earth spends countless hours securing incredible, perfect and amazing accommodations for Ultimate Spain. Summer is the busiest season in Spain – Bold Earth plans trips FAR in advance to ensure we have the BEST accommodations. YES, you will always be comfortable!
• Homestays: Living in Sitges is a dream and your three-night homestay will make your summer in Spain that much more enjoyable and authentic. All Bold Earth students are near to each other and the trip leaders. Close to everything, we are able to walk or together to the beach and to Spanish school. WOW! This is authentic – campers really get to know authentic Spanish culture!
• Hostels: Bold Earth carefully selects a hostel in Barcelona for the beginning and end of the trip. Students always stay together in private rooms with bunk beds. Staying in hostels allows the group to stay in the center of the city and fully explore the sights!
• Gites and Huts: Located in the Pyrenees Mountains we will stay in authentic European style mountain lodges before and after our trek. During the trek, we will hike between huts that we stay in overnight. These are comfortable accommodations, perfect for relaxing after a big hike.
Spain France Pyrenees Adventure is carefully crafted. Where, how and why we pick every night’s lodging is why you select and put your trust in Bold Earth and we honor that trust.
Breakdown: • Homestays – 3 nights • Hostels/Hotels – 7 nights • Gites – 2 nights • Mountain Huts – 3 nights
Small group size = SUCCESS!
We know teenagers and we understand that a small group size is ESSENTIAL to student success – especially while participating in a language/adventure program.
Who wants to travel with 40 other teens on a big bus??? Bonding and friendship are essential to the success of any summer program. Small groups allow students to SOAR! Bold Earth leaders are carefully trained in group dynamics and leadership.
Also, Bold Earth leaders are the MOST FUN PEOPLE EVER! Bold Earth students make friendships that last a lifetime.
You should want and expect knowledgeable and experienced guides to make the trip safer and 100% solid. That is Bold Earth.
Yes! Bold Earth will be accompanied by local guides during most sections of the Spain France Pyrenees Adventure. In addition to your two US guides, we will have one Spanish guide with us in Sitges and another with us on our journey from Barcelona to France and back.
People who know Europe know the difference. Interestingly, it is not unusual for one or two Europeans to join a Bold Earth European trip. We consider this the ultimate compliment.
Bold Earth food is awesome! YES, the food will be healthy, delicious, local, and fun. Bold Earth emphasizes eating locally – this means learning to cook Spanish food – WOW!
Sitges: Students eat breakfast and dinner with their host families. Learning to cook and spending time with the family is a highlight! Lunch and a mid-afternoon snack are shared and prepared by the group. We also enjoy one night out at a restaurant in Barcelona!
Pyrenees: Home cooked Spanish food! Many teens find this to be the highlight of the trip! Students in cook teams, learn to plan, shop (at local grocery stores) and cook new meals and local dishes. We will enjoy one meal catered while in the Pyrenees. Most special diets, allergies, and food preferences can absolutely be accommodated.
Spanish cuisine is the classic Mediterranean diet – DELICIOUS FOOD! With very local, fresh and healthy foods, Spain has a variety of dishes that come from differences in geography, culture, and climate. Some examples of dishes include paella, tapas, empanada, and pisto. Each new dish will be a culinary adventure and an incredible way to experience the Spanish culture.
Yes, for all non-Europeans, a valid passport is needed to enter Spain.
Spain France Pyrenees Adventure is specifically designed to be combined with Bold Alps for an epic 4 or 6-week summer! If you are interested contact our office for more information.
¡Hace muy buen tiempo en España durante el verano!
Experiencing a Mediterranean climate, summer in Spain is the best of summer – hot with very little rain. Spain and the Mediterranean Sea will leave you happy, healthy and freshly bronzed. WOW!
It is a bit cooler in the Pyrenees Mountains, but still perfect for being outside!
Spain France Pyrenees Adventure
Travel Made Easy!
- Fly Together: Our goal is to fly together as a group. All students are met upon arrival and families are called immediately from the airport.
- We recommend participants book flights three months before departure. Booking around April 1st allows the Bold Earth team to guarantee low fares and maximum coordinated group flights.
- Combine 2 Trips: Many Bold Earth participants combine Bold Earth trips. Call or e-mail our office for more information.
Every trip has a story.
France, Switzerland, Italy & Spain - 21 EPIC days in Europe! The best combination of sightseeing, adventure, and culture! Experience 4 countries by train, plane, bike, and foot. A once-in-a-lifetime supervised trip through Europe’s greatest countries and cities. From biking, hiking, and beaches - the best of adventure travel.
- Price: $7,088
- Ages: 15–17
- Days: 21
- July 1 - July 21
- July 20 - August 9